I'm popping in from my work-related exile from crafting/blogging to share this month's prompt for the 2017 Pantone card challenge. :D
It's definitely a "spring is in the air" colour: Primrose Yellow.
Here's the prompt I found as additional inspiration:
As you can see in the above, the yellow tones have been wonderfully combined with neutral tones of white and light grey and even a little off white.
There are lots of little details that could be incorporated into your cards along with focussing on doing Primrose Yellow justice.
- Go all out with the Easter/Spring theme, there are even little daffodils in the photo
- The curvy lines of the bedside table could be expressed with fancy frame die
- The airy look of the bedding would make a great type of background with a pop of yellow here and there for good measure
- The flying birdies are very pretty
- Got to love that floral wallpaper - perhaps you have a similar pattern that would work even if it's not yellow. Remember your card doesn't have to be all yellow, you can mix it with other shades or have it as a contrasting burst of colour against others.
- The circular mirror with the flowers at the top would make a great aperture for your card
- The layout of the shelves could translate well to a card, you could have a contrasting strip at the top of your card and the rest of the design below it.
- The lampshade looks pleated - how about pleating paper or trim on your project?
I hope those ideas have got you thinking! :)
I'm afraid I'm going to be awol from blogging and crafting for a fair bit longer while I'm busy with my long work days and weekends.
Here's hoping I get to play with my lovely new Easter/Spring stash in time for this Easter!