Long time no news! That's because my craft room/office is currently undergoing some major work while the boiler is being replaced and I've had to move everything out that I can move out if it can't be covered. :( Once the boiler is replaced, etc. then I'll need to repaint the whole room and that is going to be some work, I can tell you!
So, yes the closest I am getting to creative endeavours right now is perusing Pinterest for the prompts for the card challenge. ;)
And speaking of, here they are a little early!
Our main prompt is this one:
Now what could you do with this?
- I think that navy sparkly background gives a lot of scope for a night time background - use distress inks, water colour to create a scene or for a really bold background to a greeting.
- Creatures of the forest - all those secret garden and enchanted woodland colouring books are brought to life here. I am sure you have items in your stash that would fit this theme.
- Beautifully detailed floral designs
- Birds and butterflies
- Embroidery, especially ribbon embroidery - perhaps you can transfer some of those techniques to a card. I love the close-up tutorial here.
- If ribbons are too much, why not try this floral rose embroidery technique?
And for those festive cards this month, I've chosen this prompt:
- Lots of scope for focusing on the greeting
- Use a die cut or cut file that cuts a full greeting out, you could even use the negative image as your main design
- It's time of pine cones and boughs!
- How about making a shaker card featuring fake snow inside the aperture?
- A simple woodgrain background or kraft card as your base