I'm posting this a little early as I'm off for some weekend crafty capering tomorrow. :)
Hard to believe May is almost here, but it means a new set of prompts for the monthly card challenge.
I've been very inspired of late by the whole water-colouring trend that's happening in cardmaking, plus the popularity of detailed floral images so this month's prompts see a bit of scope for incorporating those trends into your cards.
First up we have the sketch prompt:
At first glance you may wonder where the watercolouring and florals can be incorporated here - but that background to the aperture is just crying out for a DIY ombré background painted with watercolours (or as I hope to do, using Distress Inks as watercolours). Alternatively it would make a fab stamped floral background with lots of bursts of vibrant colours.
Then again, you could totally ignore those two trends and go with whatever you like! Such a versatile sketch. :)
Now onto the colour prompt for this month:
It's all about blue hues and tones. :D Make blue your focal colour. Try for a full on monochromatic card. Or try some ombré techniques to bring lots of blue tones to your project.
And finally the Pinspiration prompt:
Well the vintage florals are in full swing here. Here are a few ideas:
- Focus on layered stamping or die-cuts to create details floral accents.
- Create handmade flowers from different materials - why not try tissue paper, paper flowers, felt flowers, organza and other fabrics. Try your hand at a new flower-making technique you've had your eye on. I've always been intrigued by those flowers created by singeing fabric.
- Can you incorporate a horseshoe on your card? Who knows you might have one in some stamp set you bought ages ago...
- Go with a bridal/wedding/anniversary theme.
- Bunting in the background adds to the vintage feel - why not try a vintage style?
- Or, here's the big one, have a go at hand-painting some flowers of your own onto your card or just painting in some way.
So quite a few directions you could go. :D
I hope to be better with my creations this month, I only managed 2 in April - but here's hoping May is more productive! Who knows, I may get a card or two made this weekend for these prompts.