Happy Monday everyone!
Wow, can you believe we have reached week 40??
This week's prompt is called "Say what?!"
The focus on words and making your greeting or sentiment stand out in some way... some ideas might be:
- Trying your hand at emulating the type of wall word art that's so popular at the moment (like the inspiration pic)
- Repeating your greeting either die-cut or stamped as the background to your card or the main focal point
- Using different colours to make the words pop
- Trying different techniques with word dies
- Combining lots of different alphabet stickers
- Using 3D foam to make some words stand out more than others
As for my card, I ended up having to rethink the direction it was taking, so I ultimately used a shadowing technique I'd been meaning to try for a while:
Paper: Crate Paper, MME
Dies: Lawn Fawn, WPlus9
Stamps: WPlus9, Lawn Fawn
Butterfly sticker: Crate Paper
Enamel dots: Basic Grey
Other: white glitter card, 3D foam
So initially I was going to use some striped white/gold foiled paper for the greeting but the size of the stripes meant it didn't stand out too much when embedded in the journaling card...
So I then cut the die from the stripe of gold glitter on the MME paper I link to below and then cut the die again from white glitter card. The gold glitter card acts as the shadow to the white greeting. You might need to click on the close-up to see it better.
I also used my new favourite-alternative-to-black-ink ink pad - Hero Arts charcoal mid-tone dye ink. Much nicer than a harsh black ink for softer cards. :) I also used it to stamp the little squiggly line for the butterfly. Will definitely be using this ink pad a lot more! It has stained my stamps worse than Versafine and Memento, but it's not the end of the world. ;)
I've not had chance to make my Christmas card for this week yet, but I'll pop back and share it as soon as I can!